What do you really want from life ?
Life truly is a journey - a journey of discovery that can create health, freedom, peace, energy and joy for you and those you love. You deserve the health and happiness you were created to have.
We at Uniemporium Health together with our corporate partner, TriVita Inc., care about you and want you to enjoy the best of what life has to offer, now and for the rest of your life. We have joined with professionals in the medical, nutritional and emotional health fields to bring you the 10 Principles Of Healthy Living guide (see the right-hand section), and an important message :
You can feel better, and we can show you how.
We invite you to explore the healthy living guide and discover what you can do to feel better, starting today.
You are much more than just a physical being...
You were created to be much more than a physical being. Emotional and spiritual characteristics are as real as physical attributes - and just as vital to complete health. When you think about health, do you envision a dedicated jogger or someone working out at the gym ? In today's world, this is the most common perception about health.
The reality is, however, that health - complete health - is about much more than muscle tone and endurance. Your physical health has a profound impact on your overall health, but it is not the only contributor to complete health. Striving for physical health, while living with negative, destructive thoughts and actions, will not bring complete well-being. True health can only be achieved by living in physical, emotional and spiritual balance.
Achieving physical, emotional and spiritual health and well-being
You are a complex, unique combination of physical, emotional and spiritual qualities. One of the keys to doing the right thing for your health is to consciously and consistently make healthy choices on a regular basis. Soon, these choices will enable you to develop habits and attitudes that will maximize and integrate physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. You'll be amazed at how these routine habits can influence your day-to-day health.
The 10 Principles Of Healthy Living offers 10 simple ways to get healthy and live well. By discovering and applying these 10 essential principles of healthy living - principles that will build your physical, emotional and spiritual health - you will begin your journey of discovery, and you will achieve true health and well-being.
- You are much like a house - comprised of different, yet essential parts.
- PHYSICAL HEALTH in the same concept as the foundation of a house, creates the strong and vital foundation on which you build wellness.
- EMOTIONAL HEALTH, like the walls of a house, provides structure, security and support.
- SPIRITUAL HEALTH guards and nurtures complete health just as the roof of your house performs a crucial protective function.
"He who has health has hope; and he who has hope has everything." - Ancient Proverb
10 Principles Of Healthy Living
- Physical Health -
1. Breathe Deeply - Air is the cornerstone of life. Every moment of every day, your body exchanges carbon dioxide for oxygen to keep each cell in your body alive and functioning. A rich supply of oxygen can make the difference between feeling tired and stressed, and youthful and focused. Take at least five deep breaths from your abdomen several times a day.
2. Drink Water - Water is essential for everything your body does. It's important to maintaining mineral balance, helps clear waste from the kidneys and helps keep digestion on track. Many people are in a state of dehydration, which affects how they feel and how they think. Stay hydrated to feel your best. An easy formula to determine how much water you should drink is to cut your body weight in half - that's the number of ounces of water you should drink daily. If you are active or it's a warm day, drink even more.
TIPS : If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated.
3. Sleep Peacefully - Rejuvenating sleep helps rebuild your body. When we don't get enough sleep, we create a sleep debt that may contribute to premature aging and depression. A study involving nurses found that those nurses who got enough sleep were significantly less likely to suffer a heart attack.
TIPS : It is a myth that we need less sleep as we age. Older adults need just as much sleep as people in their 20's.
4. Eat Nutritiously - You can't just take supplements - food is our primary souce of nutrients, which help strenghen every body system and allow us to live. Fresh vegetables and fruit are great sources of antioxidants that help to fight free radicals and fuel immune systems. According to experts, men should eat at least 9 servings daily, women should eat 7, and children should eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. Vegetables and fruit offer a great source of natural fiber to help cleanse your body and keep you feeling your best.
TIPS : Whole foods, like fresh fruits and vegetables, contain a wealth of vitamins and minerals that are destroyed when these foods are processed.
5. Enjoy Activity - Physical activity helps to increase the efficiency of digestion, including how quickly and efficiently your waste is processed. Plus it helps improve your emotional state and quality of life. Studies show a positive correlation between exercise and healthy aging. Even if it's been years since you've exercised, the good news is, it's probably not too late to start (check with your health care provider before you begin an exercise program). Start slow, be consistent, and keep enjoying activity to live well.
TIPS : Too busy to exercise ? Try taking just two to three 10-minute walks during the day.
10 Principles Of Healthy Living
- Emotional Health -
6. Give and Receive Love - Everyone needs love. Men who are married live longer than men who aren't. The nurturing you received from loved ones helps you and your immune system stay healthy. Also, emotional and spiritual growth depends upon loving yourself and others. Cultivate healthy, loving relationships - it's a key to a healthy today and a healthier tomorrow.
7. Be Forgiving - When we forgive, we let real or imagined affronts go rather than holding onto the negative feelings that go along with them. Negative emotions affect how you feel. Do you remember that stomach ache you got during a period of high stress or anger ? How about muscle tension in your neck or shoulders ? Learn the habit of forgiveness and you'll feel better within moments.
8. Practice Gratitude - When was the last time you stopped to count your blessings ? Focus on the positive to boost your emotional health and reduce stress. Sincere gratitude will lift and inspire you. Recognizing and appreciating all you have empower you to find and express true joy.
9. Develop Acceptance - When we know there are things in life that we cannot change, we focus on the things that can be changed. Your mind is cleared of unnecessary anxiety and you are able to enjoy life. Developing acceptance is a powerful tool to create a happier today and healthier tomorrow.
TIPS : Focusing on Physical Health, while ignoring your Emotional Health, is like putting new tires on a car with a bad engine - you cannot reach your goal of complete health if you are not Emotionally Healthy.
- Spiritual Health -
10. Develop a Relationship with God - Humans are inherently spiritual beings. When we take the time to develop this trait, we experience a clear improvement in our Emotional and Physical health. People who practice devotion daily have lower blood pressure, fewer strokes and less emotional turmoil. People with strong spiritual ties lose weight more easily, recover from crisis better, and have a strong, healthy social life.
TIPS : Studies show that people who pray and attend church regularly heal more quickly and live longer.